I had the absolute honor of being a guest on the super amazing Wired Magazine marketing blog “The Hopkinson Report” (named after its super amazing host Jim Hopkinson) and I would love you all to check it out.
I discuss a bunch of topics like:
* How Freshbooks was born out of frustration that many freelancers face
* Why we take our customers — even non-paying ones — to free dinners
* What just might happen if you get stood up on a blind date
* My title, and what happens when the “Head of Magic” heads to Las Vegas
* Why I have a Love-Hate relationship with Zappos.com
* The iPhone promotion that differentiated them from every other company
* My CEO’s blog post “The 7 Ways I’ve Almost Killed Freshbooks“
* How the FreshBooks iPhone app helps on-the-go freelancers keep better records
If is all riveting stuff and if you listen real close you can tell that I needed to blow my nose throughout the whole interview!
Freshbooks.com interview – Saul Colt, the “Head of Magic” uses social media and retro marketing to build a loyal following. from Jim Hopkinson on Vimeo.